Project selection criteria
There are almost 700 Regional Centers, majority of them have never executed a successful project or in the initial stages of their first project. We only work with Regional Centers who satisfy our demanding criteria for inclusion in our portfolio. What do we look for in an EB-5 Project?
Inclusion criteria for EB-5 Projects
- Regional center with an investment repayment track record in previous projects.
- Projects with high percentage of equity from developer – “Developer’s skin in the game”.
- All the clearances and permits required to finish construction (it’s always the little things that can trip up a project).
- Projects that have a Bank/lender as senior lender – Banks normally have a sophisticated due diligence process in place to evaluate a project’s viability and repayment before the bank lends to the project.
- A proven job creation methodology approved by the USCIS for the EB-5 Investor Program.
- A loan based EB-5 partnership with a defined exit strategy for the Investor, so there is no ambiguity when it is time for repayment.
- Adequate collaterals in place for Investors, if project fails to return investment.
We have a few Loan model EB-5 Projects based on the above bulleted covenants, where in your investment is safe as it is loaned to the Project with adequate collaterals. If you would like to learn more about these projects.